8/10/14

Hugs



Hopefully your day has been colorful and sunny so far! Hello, here's Riikka again with another layout I created for 3rd Eye.


I just love this photo I took one night of my husband and our first born. I love the hug but I also love the expression on my daughters face. To keep the warm, happy feeling I get watching the photo, I used a lot of colors in the background stamping and also in the paper layers.


I started by adding some gesso to the patterned paper and then used Neocolor II crayons to color different 3rd Eye stamps. I used four different stamps mixed in the background. I also added a big, colorful element in the form of the clock mask. I inked around it with Distress Inks using an ink blending tool. To guide the eye towards the photo I also stamped some arrows to the background. 


I made canvas embellishments some time ago for a magazine article and still had one of them left. The green butterfly fitted the page perfectly. It's done with 3rd Eye butterfly stamp using clear embossing powder to make a resist pattern and then cut out and misted green.

I made some colorful washi style tape, too. I used masking tape and attached several strips of it to a non-stick craft mat. Then I colored it with Distress Inks using the same colors I had used in the masked clock.On top I stamped the diamond pattern. Then I just took the strips from the mat and added them to my layout.

To embellish the layout even more, I also added chipboards to it. I used the stars like confetti, scattering them on the page. The arrow is pointing to the picture again, leading the eye. I also added a flair badge to the page and used a chipboard to frame it. 

I hope you have been inspired by this page! Wishing you a lovely day!


Materials from 3rd Eye:

TEM012 clocks and moth old town pattern TES-120 TES-146 numbers TES-187 circus' roof  TES-158 raindrops - rain drops TES-234 coffe stains  arrows diamonds - background TES-076L butterfly large chipboards' sheet TEC-010 stars TEC-035 clocks TECs-007 indian arrows TEBS001 Baby Vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment