8/2/14

Feel good


Hi there! It's Riikka here today to share a layout with you! Even though I enjoy paper crafts of all sorts, layouts and scrapbooking is the thing I feel most comfortable with. I usually make layouts about my two daughters, but during the last year have been trying to make more pages about me, too. I'm sure that my little ones enjoy the pages I've made about them when they grow older, but I think they equally cherish the pages about their parents. At least I would be thrilled to learn something new about my mom and dad through a scrapbooking page.


The topic of this page is feeling good and comfortable in your on skin. I went back to work last fall after being a home mom for almost five years. During that time I had gained a little weight, but felt good anyway. But now that I've gone back almost to my "before the kids" measurements, I feel more like me again. 


I started doing the page by misting and using the 3rd Eye floral mask. Then I used the mask as a big stamp and added the mists on there to the background, too. After drying the mists I then used two different stamps to add a copper colored foil to the background. I used both the Coffe stains and the Diamond background, stamped them with watermark ink, added some bonding powder on top and then heated the glue powder and added the foil on top. I also used the Coffe stains stamp with Distress ink and added some water to the stamp before stamping in order to get a watercolor like image. Lastly I added the Beams circle here and there.

To embellish the project I used many kinds of 3rd Eye goodies. I made a loose dreamcatcher style vocal point to the photo by using the chipboard rings and feather stickers. I also added one sticker to the other upper corner to balance the design out. I also included a flair badge to the page and made it more girlier with a butterfly I embossed with purple powder.

Thank you for stopping by today! Wishing you a great day!


Products from 3rd Eye: 

TEM015 Elise's flower TES-222S beams circle small TES-234 coffe stains  diamonds - background chipboards TEC-027 dreamcatcher set TEC-038 round frames TEBA-203 beams purple pink stars TEST-001 feathers

2 comments:

  1. Stunning photo to go with a stunning page....loving that flair & the chippy circles...yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete